Information for Referring Physicians
LRCP has a different referral process than other Ontario cancer centres. Our policy is to discuss treatment options during the patient’s first visit with the oncologist.
In order for the oncologist to make treatment decisions at the first appointment, all medical workups and tests need to be completed prior. The oncologist will need the results of these tests in order to design the treatment that is best for your patient’s type of cancer.
Since cancer is different in every patient, the type of tests and examinations that must be completed will vary. Please refer to the Intake Guidelines below to determine the type of information that we need from you, as a healthcare provider, in order to properly process incoming patients at LRCP.
- Guide for Referring Physicians & Healthcare Providers
- Guide for Inpatient Care Teams and Regional Hospitals
Intake Guidelines by Disease Site
The following guidelines are flowcharts in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. They outline what tests are needed for patient processing and initial appointment booking at LRCP.
Central Nervous System
- Radiation Oncology: Non-Colorectal (Gastric, Hepatobiliary and Small Bowel) Automated Triage
- Biliary Tract Cancer Automated Triage
- Medical Oncology Colon/Rectum Cancer Automated Triage
- Radiation Oncology: Rectum/Colon Cancer and Anal Cancer Automated Triage
- Gastroesophageal Cancer Automated Triage
- Hepatocellular Cancer Automated Triage