The Department of Oncology within the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at The University of Western Ontario currently has 38 active staff members, who contribute directly to the curriculum of Medical and Radiation Oncology post-graduate training.
Postgraduate training includes a very active Fellowship Program. Fellows become involved for an additional 1-2 years of training to specialize in research and/or clinical practice.
Funding for fellowship positions are available on a competitive basis and opportunities and linkages to the CIHR Strategic Training Program in Translational Research and Technology Transfer are available for individuals interested in laboratory based/translational research.
Translational research teams
at LRCP/Department of Oncology include:
- Medical Physics Research and Education
- Translational Breast Cancer Research Unit
- Translational Prostate Cancer Research Group
- Translational Ovarian Cancer Research Group
- Translational Head and Neck Research Group
- Cancer Imaging Research Network
For more information on the Fellowship Program please contact the Fellowship Education Program Administrator:
Ms. Jen Foxcroft at 519-685-8500 Ext. 53177 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fellowship Program Contacts:
- Dr. Tracy Sexton (Radiation Oncology)
- Dr. Kylea Potvin (Medical Oncology)
- Dr. Joseph Chin (Urologic Oncology and Surgical Oncology)
- Dr. Monique Bertrand (Gynecologic Oncology)
- Dr. Anita Singh (Palliative Medicine)