Medical Physicist, London Regional Cancer Program
Associate Professor, Department of Oncology, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Western Ontario
Other Academic appointments:
Associate Scientist, Lawson Health Sciences Centre
Cross-Appointment, Lawson Imaging Program, Lawson Health Sciences Centre
Medical Physics Residency, London Regional Cancer Program, London, Ontario, Canada
Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
PhD Applied Mathematics, Western University, London, Ontario, Canada
MSc Applied Mathematics, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
BSc Mathematics and Statistics, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Diploma in Engineering, University College of Cape Breton, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Dr. Stewart Gaede is a Medical Physicist at the London Regional Cancer Program, London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC). He is the clinical lead for respiratory motion management, computed tomography (CT) simulation, and stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT).
4D-CT Imaging, Respiratory Gating, Stereotactic Ablative Radiation Therapy of Lung, Liver, and Breast Cancer, Multi-Modality Imaging for Radiation Therapy Applications, including Hybrid PET/MRI, Radiation-Induced Cardiac Toxicity
Recent Selected Publications:
1) El-Sherif O, Yu E, Xhaferllari I, Gaede S. Assessment of intrafraction breathing motion on left anterior descending artery dose during left-sided breast radiation therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016 Feb 13. pii: S0360-3016(16)00146-2.
2) Xhaferllari I, Chen JZ, MacFarlane M, Yu E, Gaede S. Dosimetric planning study of respiratory-gated volumetric modulated arc therapy for early-stage lung cancer with stereotactic body radiation therapy. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2015 May-Jun;5(3):156-61.
3) Martin S, Johnson C, Brophy M, Palma DA, Barron JL, Beauchemin SS, Louie AV, Yu E, Yaremko B, Ahmad B, Rodrigues GB, Gaede S. Impact of target volume segmentation accuracy and variability on treatment planning for 4D-CT-based non-small cell lung cancer radiotherapy. Acta Oncol. 2015 Mar;54(3):322-32.
4) Martin S, Brophy M, Palma D, Louie AV, Yu E, Yaremko B, Ahmad B, Barron JL, Beauchemin SS, Rodrigues G, Gaede S. A proposed framework for consensus-based lung tumour volume auto-segmentation in 4D computed tomography imaging. Phys Med Biol. 2015 Feb 21;60(4):1497-518.
5) Abdellatif A, Gaede S. Control point analysis comparison for 3 different treatment planning and delivery complexity levels using a commercial 3-dimensional diode array. Med Dosim. 2014 Summer;39(2):174-9.
6) Disher B, Hajdok G, Gaede S, Mulligan M, Battista JJ. Forcing lateral electron disequilibrium to spare lung tissue: a novel technique for stereotactic body radiation therapy of lung cancer. Phys Med Biol. 2013 Oct 7;58(19):6641-62.
7) Disher B, Hajdok G, Wang A, Craig J, Gaede S, Battista JJ. Correction for 'artificial' electron disequilibrium due to cone-beam CT density errors: implications for on-line adaptive stereotactic body radiation therapy of lung. Phys Med Biol. 2013 Jun 21;58(12):4157-74.