The following include FAQs, guidelines and protocols developed by LHSC's Transplant Teams and are specific to the care of LHSC recipients. They may not be applicable for care of recipients transplanted or being followed by other centres.
COVID-19 and COVID-19 Vaccinations
- CDC Clinical Care Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination
Other Useful COVID-19 Resources:
- Health Canada Information on COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Vaccination - CST National Transplant Consensus Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccine PDF
- COVID-19 Vaccination - AST FAQ PDF
Routine Pre and Post Transplant Vaccinations:
Vaccines should be completed prior to transplantation but this is not always possible depending on patient's length of time on the wait list or severity of illness. Below is an FAQ for recipients explaining all necessary vaccines as well as proposed schedule for vaccinating. If there are any concerns or difficulties with vaccinating your patients, do not hesitate to contact the transplant program at LHSC.
- Vaccinations and Transplantation – Information for Transplant Recipients PDF
- Recommended Vaccination Schedule for Transplant Recipients PDF