Heart transplantation at LHSC has a long and successful history with the first heart transplant being performed in 1981. Among their over 700 recipients are some of the longest surviving heart recipients in Canada at more than 35 years.
Watch the "Celebrating the 600th Heart Transplant" video on YouTube.
Information and Resources:
- Visit the Heart Transplant web page for more information.
- View the Patient Handbook PDF.
- Visit the Medication Information web page for more information.
- Join our Transplant Pharmacist for an online/virtual medication class. The class offers a refresher of your medications and a chance to have your questions answered. Classes are held every Wednesday at 2:00 PM. If you are interested, email us at email@example.com and someone will get back to you with a link to the next class.
- Visit the Post-Transplant Information web page and watch videos about life after transplant, and infection and rejection.
- Visit the Covid Information web page for more information.
- Visit the Vaccination Information web page for more information
- Visit the Physiotherapy web page for more information.