- Babies that are from outside of London and no longer need our level of intensive care, will be transferred to a Level 2 unit in a hospital closer to home. This is an important step to transitioning to the next level of care and eventually home. These babies are stable and usually still require hospitalization for monitoring weight gain and learning to eat.
- Possibility of transfer is discussed at daily medical rounds. Please talk to the medical team about your preferences and any concerns.
- You will be notified before your baby is transferred.
- A baby will be transferred in a transport incubator accompanied by an NICU nurse. The baby will be monitored during their transport.
- Family information- Transferring to Another Hospital