FAMILY AREAS WITHIN THE NICU
- Family Lounge (B4-322) is located at the back of Pod A. It has a refrigerator, microwave, toaster, kettle and dishes for your use. Please label all food items with your name. Also, please remember to clean up after use as this room is used by many families. Bathroom facilities with a shower are also located here.
- Quiet Room (B4-341) this room is available for short breaks as the room is also used by the medical team to have private meetings with families.
- Family waiting area (B4-300) at the entrance to the unit, this area has seating for other family members, a TV, books in the drawers to read and activity centers for children. Please do not leave children unattended in this area.
- Two breast pump sterilization areas are available in the NICU. One is in Pod A, and the other is located behind the main desk
FAMILY AREAS OUTSIDE OF THE NICU
- The Sanctuary is located on the 3rd floor, Zone C. It is a place for quiet time, reflection, meditation or prayer.
- Ronald McDonald Family Room (B6-258)
- Atrium located on B1
- Ashley’s Backyard (B6-259) a nature-themed room that is designed for infants, toddlers and preschool aged children and families to relax and play together. Adult supervision is required.
- Paediatric Family Resource Centre (B1-006) provides access to computers, telephones, fax machine and copy services. Learn about resources in the hospital and the community. A quiet place to sit and relax or read.