What do I need to know about my baby’s car seat?
- Ask your baby’s nurse if you need to buy a different car seat for your premature baby. Pamphlets are available in the waiting room area about safe travel and suggested car seats for babies going home, who weigh less than 5 pounds at discharge.
- Your car seat must have a CMVSS sticker and not be expired.
- If your car seat is used, it is important to know that the car seat has not been involved in an accident.
- A safety specialist is available for consultation before discharge.
- We recommend that you read your car manual and your car seat manual for proper car seat installation in your vehicle.
- How to Install and Safely Use a Car Seat