- Patient Types - Children - Newborn - 17 years of age
- Care Provided - In-patient paediatric care
- Average length of stay
- Other program statistics -
Number of beds:
- Number of beds - 58 in-patient paediatric beds
- Team Composition advance practice nurse, clinical educators, nurse clinicians, case managers, RNs and RPNs (D7-400)
- Location in hospital - VH D7
- Nurse to patient ratio - 1:3 to 1:4
- Hospital Site - VH
- Shift times 0700 - 1900, 1900 - 0700
- Shift options - Continental schedule and DDNN
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS, NRP, PALS
- Programs, courses or in-services that are important to the role and offered to team members either on a regular basis, or occasionally are NRP, PALS, chemotherapy course (once yearly for new D7-100/200 staff)
- Our support for professional development - Two - 8hr shifts/year. Special requests considered individually.
- Application process for selection for paediatrics. Panel of paediatric leaders, educators, and school faculty chooses the students from the applications. Students are then interviewed in small groups to attempt to match student with preceptor (based on personality and learning style).
- We require a strong desire to learn and work with children and families.
- A journal that is frequently used in our department as resources is the RN, Pediatric Nursing
- We are in the process of developing a website in the meantime please checkout http://www.lhsc.on.ca/About_Us/Childrens_Hospital/