Post-Operative Warning Signs Checklist
- A fever over 38 degrees C or 100.4 degrees F
- The chills
- Foul smelling vaginal discharge
- Heavy vaginal bleeding (more than regular menstrual flow that is persistent or prolonged)
- Burning with urination
- Swelling or pain in your legs
- Problems with bowel movements
- Shortness of breath or pain in your chest
- Unrelieved pain (after taking pain medication)
If you notice any of these signs call your surgeon's office Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
If you need immediate medical attention, go to the Emergency Department of the hospital closest to you.