For Immediate Release
December 6 , 2017
LHSC to recognize President’s Award recipients
LONDON, Ontario – The annual President’s Award program at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) proudly recognizes and celebrates the remarkable staff, physicians and volunteers who dedicate themselves every day to improving the lives of our patients, our hospital, and our community.
Who: Murray Glendining, President and CEO, LHSC; and the seven 2017 President’s Award recipients for:
- Community Service – Darren Connolly – for his extensive work promoting inclusivity, accessibility and independence for individuals with disabilities in our community.
- Living Our Core Values - How We Serve Our Patients – Josie Swan-Merrison – Therapeutic Recreation Specialist in the Prevention and Early Intervention Program for Psychosis (PEPP)
- Living Our Core Values - How We Work Together – David Payne – Furniture and Equipment Specialist, Facilities Management
- Leadership – Sherri Lawson – Director, Inpatient Mental Health
- Innovation – Dr. Drew Thompson – Emergency Medicine Physician
- Physician Leadership (two award winners) – Dr. Adam Dukelow, Chief, Department of Emergency Medicine, and Dr. Ken Leslie, Chief, General Surgery
Date: Friday, December 8, 2017
Location: LHSC’s Victoria Hospital
Sumner Auditorium, Zone B, Level 2
800 Commissioners Rd. E.
Time: Ceremony to begin at 3:00 p.m.
Members of the media are invited to speak with Murray Glendining and this year’s recipients following the ceremony which is expected to last approximately one hour. A photo opportunity with this group will also be available.
To RSVP or for more information contact:
Corporate Communications and Public Relations
519-685-8500, ext. 74772 Pager 14772