For Immediate Release:
May 14, 2012
“Leading the Way in Patient Safety”
2012 LHSC & St. Joseph’s Quality and Patient Safety Summit
(LONDON, Ontario) – London Health Sciences Centre and St. Joseph’s Health Care London presents the 2012 Quality and Patient Safety Summit, Leading the Way in Patient Safety, to stimulate a strong patient safety culture throughout our organizations and beyond. Staff and physicians from healthcare organizations across the region are participating in this annual day of education and knowledge sharing.
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: London Convention Centre, 300 York St.
Speakers at this year’s event include:
- Johanna Trimble of the BC Patient Voices Network who will speak on over-medication (known as polypharmacy) and the elderly (8:45 a.m.)
- Dr. Patrick Croskerry of Dalhousie University who will speak on making decisions that will make patients safer (9:40 a.m.)
- Dr. David Musson of McMaster University who will speak on team skills training and patient safety (1:15 p.m.)
- Presentation of the 2012 Bonnie Adamson Quality Award and Sandra Letton Quality Award – Bonnie Adamson, LHSC President and CEO and Dr. Gillian Kernaghan, St. Joseph’s President and CEO to present these awards (1:00 p.m.)
- Afternoon breakout sessions will feature a variety of interesting speakers/topics
- Poster exhibit throughout lunch hour highlighting safety initiatives (12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
We invite members of the media to join us for the sessions and for the award presentations at 1 p.m. as we recognize innovators who are making our hospitals safer each and every day.
For more information:
Kathy Leblanc Kelsi Break
Corporate Communications Communication and Public Affairs
& Public Relations St. Joseph’s Health Care, London
London Health Sciences Centre 519-646-6100, ext. 64792
519-685-8500, ext. 74772 email@example.com