Public Service Announcement
For Immediate Release
October 9 2020
LONDON, ON – The London COVID-19 Assessment Centres located at Carling Heights Optimist Community Centre (656 Elizabeth Street) and Oakridge Arena (825 Valetta Street), will be open on Thanksgiving Monday, October 12. The Carling Heights Assessment Centre will be open from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm on holiday Monday, while the Assessment Centre at Oakridge Arena will be open on from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. In addition, each site will follow their regular weekend schedules, with the Carling Heights site open from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm both Saturday and Sunday, while the Oakridge site will be closed, as usual.
Please note that the process at the London COVID-19 Assessment Centres changed this week, to meet the testing needs of the community and moved to appointment-based assessment and testing.
Carling Assessment Centre continues to use the time-card appointment system until the transition to an e-booking solution is complete. Individuals requiring testing will be given an appointment time upon arrival, to later return to the Centre for testing. Patients to be prioritized at this site will be adults and children who:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms
- Have been notified by public health or the COVID Alert App that they have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus
- Live or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak as identified by public health
- Are eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative as determined by the Ministry of Health or Ministry of Long-Term Care
Oakridge Assessment Centre shifted to booked appointments ONLY. Patients to be prioritized at this site will be:
- Symptomatic children aged 12 and under
- Symptomatic essential healthcare workers
- Asymptomatic individuals; limited to people who are:
- Residents, workers, visitors or caregivers to a retirement home or long-term care facility
- International students who have passed their 14-day quarantine period
- Farm workers
- Indigenous communities
- Other setting-specific populations as defined by the Chief Medical Officer of Health (example: pre-operative or pre-chemo)
To book an appointment at Oakridge, call 519-667-6886 and follow the prompt, leaving your name, call-back number and reason for test. You will be called back within 2 business days.
Information on getting testing in London is available on the Middlesex London Health Unit website.
London’s COVID-19 Assessment Centres are operated by the London Health Sciences Centre and the Thames Valley Family Health Team, with support from Middlesex-London Paramedic Services, the Middlesex-London Health Unit and the City of London.