For Immediate Release:
December 12, 2019
LONDON, Ontario – The annual President’s Award Program at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC) proudly recognizes and celebrates the remarkable staff, physicians and volunteers who dedicate themselves every day to improving the lives of our patients, our hospital, and our community.
Who: Dr. Paul Woods, President and CEO, LHSC; and the six 2019 President’s Award recipients for:
• Community Service – Samantha Parsons, Clinical Research Manager, Nephrology
• Living Our Core Values - How We Serve Our Patients – Dennis Smith, Nurse Practitioner, Renal Program
• Living Our Core Values - How We Work Together – Reuel Valencia – Registered Nurse, Surgical Care
• Leadership – Sonja McLeod – Coordinator, General Surgery
• Innovation – Maria DiCicco, Ultrasound Technologist, Clinical Neurological Sciences
• Physician Leadership – Prevention and Early Intervention Program for Psychoses (PEPP) Physician Team (Drs. Lena Palaniyappan, Julie Richard, Priya Subramanian, Hooman Ganjavi, and Laura Powe)
Date: Friday, December 13, 2019
Location: LHSC’s Victoria Hospital, Sumner Auditorium, B2-119, 800 Commissioners Road East
Time: Ceremony to begin at 3:00 p.m.
Members of the media are invited to speak with Dr. Paul Woods and this year’s recipients following the ceremony which is expected to last approximately one hour. A photo opportunity with this group will also be available.
To RSVP or for more information contact:
Corporate Communications and Public Relations
519-685-8500, ext. 77127, Pager 17040
Call LHSC Switchboard at 519-685-8500 and ask to page the communicator on-call.
Visit the LHSC Media web site at www.lhsc.on.ca/media
Like us on Facebook at London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC), follow us on Twitter @LHSCCanada and watch us on YouTube at LHSCCanada.