A trip to the hospital can be stressful, whether you’re coming for a short doctor’s appointment or as a patient overnight in one of our units.
This is especially true if it is your first time to the hospital.
London Health Sciences Centre is a large, complex hospital. Before your visit, we suggest you:
- Check the LHSC map to locate hospital parking and entrances
- Leave yourself lots of time to find Patient Registration, and the clinic or appointment location
- Review any instructions provided by the physician’s office
- London Health Sciences Centre has 24-hour, pay-per-use parking. Daily, weekly and monthly passes are also available. Please see parking information for each hospital site for details on parking costs.
- Patient drop-off, pick-up and handicap parking areas are available at all sites
Patient Safety Tips
1. Be actively involved in every decision about your health care. Ask questions and voice concerns at any stage in your care.
2. Tell your health-care professional about your health information. This includes prior illnesses and your current health condition.
3. Bring all of your medicines with you when you go to the hospital. This includes prescription and non-prescription medications (over-the-counter medications), vitamins, and herbal remedies.
4. Tell your health-care professional if you are allergic to any medications, food or environmental irritants or if you have ever had a bad reaction to medications.
5. Make sure you understand what to do when you go home from the hospital or from your medical appointment.