The following list of recommended educational resources has been compiled by the Indigenous Health Team.
- Truth and Reconciliation Report: Calls to Action
Calls #18 through 24 address Health
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls: Executive Summary of the Final Report
- In Plain Sight Report
Local First Nation Communities:
- Deshkan Ziibiing (Chippewa of the Thames First Nation)
- Oneida of the Thames First Nation
- Munsee-Delaware Nation
- 21 Things You May Not Know About the Indian Act (click here for the news article link)
- Indigenous Allyship Toolkit
- Treaties are legally binding agreements that set out the rights, responsibilities and relationships of First Nations and the federal and provincial governments. Over 40 treaties and other agreements cover Ontario.
- Why do Indigenous People Have special rights?